Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pray for my mom's speedy recovery

My mom had surgery yesterday to put a new permanent port in for her dialysis. My sister called to tell me they came to get her at 9:30AM for the surgery, as of 2:00PM no word yet. Finally my sister went to the hospital at 3:45PM and there was my mom laying in her bed. NO ONE CALLED MY SISTER!!!!! urrgghhhh as that wasn't enough, they left my mom laying there with just a blanket on no hospital gown or anything and they didn't even clean her up from all the iodine. So my sister calls me and tells me it looks like she was bleeding out of her ear and dried blood everywhere. Thanks for the details Beck! I was sure it was just iodine. When she called me I could hear my mom moaning in pain. Broke my heart. She said this was the most pain she has been in a while. Once she got her pain pill she was ok. I called her this morning and she slept in the reclining chair in her room, it felt better for her to sit up. She had to take her pain pills every 3 hours. She still sounded a little groggy. The Dr. told me when I was down there he is not letting her go home this time until she is at her BEST and it is going to take time. I know she is having a not so good day today, but there are plenty of better ones ahead! We have to take the bad with the good, right! I'm still praying everyday for mom's speedy recovery.

1 comment: